According to defender.org, the earth today is home to between 450,000–700,000 African elephants and 35,000–40,000 wild Asian elephants. Coolhaus Is Serving French’s Mustard Ice Cream This Week In Honor of National Mustard Day. August calendars could use some holidays added! Linda Crampton from British Columbia, Canada on August 16, 2017: Thanks for creating this interesting article, Patty. An enjoyable read, for sure. Are you a small business owner or marketer looking for holidays or special dates to celebrate on social media? August 22 is National Eat-a-Peach Day, and enjoying peaches in ice cream or a shake is a perfect way to do that. to enjoy a refreshing cup of pineapple soft serve – you can make it yourself with just four ingredients! I'd have to have it tattooed on my forearm in order to remember! August 31st has one unofficial holiday called Eat Outside Day. Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on March 23, 2018: @B. Leekley -- So many celebrations in a month many Americans once thought had no holidays at all! Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on August 16, 2017: Hi Eric. They helped American win WWII and finally received the Medal of Honor in the 2000s. I particularly like Spumoni Day and the one where you wave at every surveillance camera you see. Peace, Paula. This holiday was picked up by the Mandan Nation in the Water Protector Legal Collective in North Dakota. 2021 Holidays + Fun, Weird and Special Days. Another favorite of mine is Aviation Day. http://calclingpeach.com/. Natalie Frank from Chicago, IL on March 22, 2018: Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on March 22, 2018: Not at all - I look forward to reading it! International Day Against Intolerance, Discrimination and Violence Based on Musical Preferences, Lifestyle and Dress Code All rights reserved. The ancient legend is commemorated by the title of an entertaining novel by Chinese scholar Barry Hughart called Bridge of Birds. If not for your great article, I would still be unaware! Retrieved August 4, 2017. August 10 is St. Lawrence’s Day. Must drive someone batty! August 1, traditionally known as Lammas Day, was a festival to mark the annual wheat and corn harvest. Friendship Day: • (first Sunday in August) This one is not so weird and belongs with Unofficial holidays but we thought we would list it as a friendship reminder. RELEASE DATES: August 2020 (see 'Details' below for breakdown) STICKER NUMBERS: 1a-20b (and counting) COMPLETE SET: 40 Base Cards and 40 Green Cards PRICE: There were two ways to purchase these releases.