Nick: Wanna know my secret? Your article helps me a lot. Why don't you take a late night stroll through the hills and get killed by the Manson family? MovieQuotes.com © 1998-2020 | All rights reserved, directed this movie YES ! I can buy large quantities of anything at discount prices. And it doesn't sound complicated. "Bridal Bingo?" The word "yes" has changed my life. Subscribe A guy challenges himself to say "yes" to everything for an entire year. Trivia: Danny Wallace, on whose book the film was very-loosely based, appears in the Hen Night party scene near the end of the film, standing at the bar just behind Jim Carrey. I'm coming - "patience is a virtue.". [Terrence hits him with his mic.] I think that knowing your priorities is the first step in saying know effectively. Lucy: No, I don't want anything complicated. [raises the gun to her shoulder] Here you go. You're right. literature: Yes is the new no! Carl Allen: Hey Carl, do you wanna give all your money away to some homeless guy? 5 Hacks to Improve Your Writing Skills in English for ESL Learners, Remote Work + Education: 3 Tips for Students Who Want to Have It All, 5 Ideas on Starting a Business in College, How to Launch Your Startup in 7 Easy Steps, 3 Questions Your Startup Needs to Answer in Order to Maintain Focus, 10 Life Changing Quotes That Helped Me Create A Meaningful Life, 28 Inspirational Movie Quotes That Will Teach You the Most Valuable Life Lessons, 25 Quotes About Resilience to Help You Bounce Back in Tough Times, 50 Quotes From the Best Leadership Books of All Time, 29 Quotes That Will Inspire You to Write More, 3 Simple Commitments You Can Make That Will Change Your Habits for the Better, The 5 Questions to Ask Yourself to Uncover Your Purpose, How to Build Better Habits With 3 Practical Steps, 8 Powerful Ways To Show Up In Dating & Relationships – Apollonia Ponti, The Mindset Of A Multiple 7 Figure Entrepreneur – Michael Michalowicz, Top 12 Addicted2Success Podcast Episodes for You to Listen To, 4 Ways YOU Can Create Powerful Habits – James Clear, How To Relentlessly Live In Your Potential – Ben Kelly, 3 Prince EA Videos To Change Humanities Path To Greatness, (Video) What Is Success? Carl: Yeah! Movie quotes. It's kind of ridiculous. Do you love me? The word "yes" has changed my life. I'm scared of a lot of things. Terrence Bundley: You're dead, Carl. You know that when you are a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it. Who do you think I am? At the same time, we’ve had to embrace a lot of changes from the way we shop, eat, communicate with our loved ones, colleagues, and even complete strangers. Carl: Do you wanna throw that rock at the bank? Without letting go of your previously lived conflicts, struggles, and doubts you are left reliving the past. (takes a pamphlet from outside his coat) I'm a "Yes!" Jumper: Man, you terrible at this, are you even a cop? ", [Carl and Lucy are working on Lucy's bridal shower], Carl: [finding something in a catalogue] What's this? Carl: Wow, sounds wild! Welcome back. Here. https://www.quotes.net/movies/yes_man_quotes_14093. Well, maybe at first it is, but that's just to open you up to it - to get you started. The word "yes" has changed my life. I do want to learn how to fly. ARE! It goes something along the lines of 'Yeah Norm' 'Hey you called me Norm, that could be my new nickname,I like your style CAR, that could be yours!' 'It thought carl was short already but ok' I wanna know how it really goes! Cans of Red Bull pour out.] tags: taking-chances. You say "no" to life and therefore, you're not living. And he'd probably have a real moustache, not a stick-on one. Allison: I dated this guy and I was astounded at how perfectly content he was just living his life in this closed-off little box. (Inspirational Video) What If Today You Knew You Were Going To Take Your Last Breath? Most of us had to pivot in our careers, professions, education, etc. He helped me erase your MySpace page, and your band's MySpace page, and your FaceBook page. Carl: Yeah, put in a good word for us. Login to reply the answers Post; … Yes, yes, yes. Soon, your time is gonna come. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. But now I know that what I have to share is pretty huge, and I want to share it with you.” See it as an opportunity to do something to make you happy and focus on your wants and needs. I got it! Find them here, decide which one you need and and post them on your Google+ account Anyway, don't worry about it - I'm sure it will lead to something good. ( Log Out /  Once you decide, go confident in your answer and remain firm. Danny Wallace, on whose book the film was very-loosely based, appears in the Hen Night party scene near the end of the film, standing at the bar just behind. I swear, you pick the day, any day you want, we'll go out, we'll swashbuckle! I didn't think I had anything to share. Carl Allen: Yes? Allison: How do I know if anything you did was because you wanted to or because you were following some goddamn program? Quotes tagged as "yes-man" Showing 1-4 of 4. What's wrong? I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. When's the last time you did anything fun? There is something wrong. - 75”, “But unlike the classically trained, my dancing had no respect for so-called boundaries; I wasn’t afraid to break the rules.”, “I mean No is power. “Probably some of the best things that have ever happened to you in life, happened because you said yes to something. I thought if I said yes to things, and got involved with people, then sooner or later they'd find out I'm not enough. Peter:: (annoyed) I know Carl, I know that Stephanie left you and you bitched because of it, but this isn't about you. Most have had to try new things, learn to rely on technology and make sacrifices they never thought they would have to make. And I keep trying to think of reasons why she should, but you know what? Allison: I know our music isn't that mainstream - I love doing it. Think about how many times you've said yes in the past year, and how many times you would've liked to have said no instead. After all, they couldn't say no. [she smiles] What do you say, Soo-Mi? Supervisor: [unhappily] Are you going to ask a lot more question? With Norm and Carl? STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Refresh and try again. You can say “yes” or “no.” Instead of feeling trapped, consider other options and weigh what is best for your well-being. Is it complicated? Carl Allen: "Yes always leads to something good." It's like my photography. - 293”, “If we have faith that some higher powers, some enlightened beings, are helping us to develop spiritually, then you begin to relate to life completely differently. Yes Man (2008) 00:08:33 I'm a yes man. Nick: Tweed: Can you explain why you were at the airport buying a ticket with no luggage? She's ballsy. You know what? At least it's done. When yes is commitment, no is protection. Say it a million times. “When you say yes to others, make sure you are not saying NO to yourself!” YES! Believe it or not, saying yes to everything is also an addiction. I didn't think I had anything to share. I'm not your late night booty call. I think that we can all relate to most of your points. It’s okay to tell your friend or colleague that you need some time to think about it. Allison: The world's a playground. Instructor: [steppng in] Whoa, whoa, whoa. I got it. [Carl Allen pulls up in a parking lot and opens the door. I will keep that in mind the next time someone asks me to do something that is not a good fit with my priorities. Yes Man is a 2008 American comedy film directed by Peyton Reed, starring Jim Carrey and Zooey Deschanel, based on the book Yes Man by British humourist Danny Wallace. You need to have an open mind otherwise life will just pass you by. I like maybe. It can remind you to say no or consider your priorities first. Happened once, it happened twice, it happened three times, maybe four times, maybe five times, maybe, maybe it happened six times, but it won't happen seven times. Allison: I don't know what you want me to say. (while stuffing the pamphlet inside Carl's jacket). Allison: Don't call me past 11pm, it won't happen again. I had a couple of offers. You do whatever you want! Supervisor: It's the same as regular bingo, but you just yell embarrassing facts about the bride. Your source for movie and personal quotes, every day. Carl: [In Korean] Let's go! You won't regret it! Diaries are cool.”, “The people who know you well are the people who know your vulnerabilities.”, “The closed mind is a disease. Your email address will not be published. Carl Allen: Okay, maybe's fine. You don't have anything close to a girlfriend. Soo-Mi: [to Lucy] Okay, Bridal Bingo, very simple! Envision your mantra multiple times every day, and before you know it, this practice will become a good habit. You know that when you are a, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Starring: Bradley Cooper, Jim Carrey, Terence Stamp, Zooey Deschanel. Are you stalking me? She's the complete opposite of me. Often times, our guilt, fear and anxiety rule our minds when we say no. You can unsubscribe at any time. Start learning to say yes to life today! But I did it, man! Why did they attend it undressed? People are most used to giving the counterfeit yes because they've been trapped by the confirmation yes so many times. Every opportunity must be seen as a chance to learn. Savannah loves writing a variety of topics, from social media to health and wellness to travel! Wait.. Fish-wall... Peter: Fishwall? Happy networking asshole! Heavy stuff. They had donated all their clothes to the clothing drive for the homeless. Carl: Don't do it! Allison: Are you stalking me? That makes perfect sense. Consider what the most important thing for you to focus your energy on and give it all you’ve got. man! Nick: You don't still work at the bank, do you? Carl: (uncomfortably) Well, I certainly wouldn't do it again. So, instead of trying to be a superhero, try to assess your priorities and put yourself first. Nick: No you don't. Let it go. Make sure that your message is positive and only propels you forward. [grabs and kisses woman] Friend: Well I don’t think that’s what she was asking for. I really liked your point about seeing the good in saying no. If you answered yes to all of these questions, then you are the epitome of a yes man. I've lived! Addresses are not passed on to any third party, and are used solely for direct communication from this site. I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. Terrence Bundley: Life. Carl: I could have. A LOOOOOOOONELY GUY! Why Isn’t Anyone Talking About These 4 Motivation-Boosting Techniques? Jesus! I'm starting to get a chill. All Rights Reserved. I really like Red Bull.Renee Allison: Yeah, you seem a little hyper.Carl Allen: Hey! But I did it, man! Allison: I've known that I like you for a while, but just now I decided that I love you. Carl: Yeah I do - say "yes" to everything - real tough to grasp. We are all living it - or are we? We have probably said yes more than enough times and it has caused us stress. You know that when you are a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it. (takes a pamphlet from outside his coat) I'm a "Yes!" Does that make sense? Everyone dives to the floor in fright]. I know there isn't that much demand for blurry photographs taken while running - but ... you know, who cares? Carl: Oh no. Yes Man Quote? Required fields are marked *, Notify me of followup comments via e-mail, Are you struggling to let go of your past? Carl: Yah. It began during my junior year of college, when I saw most of my peers preparing themselves for interviews with consulting firms with the hopes of landing a summer internship, which would then convert into a full-time offer before senior year. But I did it, man! You don't have a girlfriend. Terrence Bundley: The word is Yes, say it a million times, say it a million more times and the word you'd've said two-million times is [the audience] YES! Carl Allen: I do want to take guitar lessons. Just snap it off, already! Because every time they say yes, they say no to themselves.”, “The thing I realised instantly was that at first, Wag had blamed all of this on luck. Many people struggle with addiction.