Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Adjust audio settings, re-map any of the buttons, run diagnostics, recalibrate your analog sticks and … except the c stick on the PDP, but that ones is replaceable with a real c stick, so then I don't see anything different. The thumb grips on the sticks are wide and, much like those of the PS4 controller, have a ring around the perimeter for greater feel and accuracy. I will update this review a couple of months from now to see how they have fared after many long gaming sessions. But you can be the person who can afford them to make the reviews for us, too. July 22, 2020. I really prefer the look of de PDP ones, But idk if there is a big difference between these brands, because I've read that for wii U Hori was much better. I tried it on a other switch and same problem. I highly recommend to try this controller out if you're looking for a GameCube controller that plugs straight into USB. New PDP Gaming Charge Systems for Nintendo Switch. With a sleek design, non slip grips, and textured trigger and shoulder buttons, you’ll easily crush the competition and look good doing it. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Luckily, it is not nearly enough to impact my gameplay negatively. Join. In this video I unbox and review the PDP GameCube controller which is licensed by Nintendo. No motion no amiibo … 4.7 out of 5 stars 101. Releases January 7, 2021. So than I also have to buy an adapter. It’s been awhile since I’ve used a GameCube controller but with my big hands I cant easily press Lz and Rz. There may not exist a 3rd party controller that can satisfy you if you already have problems with a Hori controller. The matte paint on the controller also gives it a nice grippy feel. It feels very hollow, cheap, light and very plastic-y in the hand. GameCube $12.99 $ 12. Ultimate. But the logo's on the pdp ones just looks so much awesomer, It doesn't use usb. Compare . except the c stick on the PDP, but that ones is replaceable with a real c stick, so then I don't see anything different. between the 2 except the overal look and design of the logo's As the PDP one doesn't really look like a gamecube controller. Cookies help us deliver our Services. They do have a bit of a dead zone, which is what I was afraid of since most 3rd party controllers tend to have a lot of Deadzone on the sticks. So then I also have to buy an adapter and than it costs me 30 bucks more. But with the switch ones they both look like Game Cube controllers. When many think back to the Gamecube era of Nintendo, one of the first names that comes up is Sonic the Hedgehog. December 17, 2020. The PDP Faceoff Deluxe+ wired controller exceeded my expectations and is now one of my favorites to use with the Switch. I bought the pikachu one and played with it for a week until it started happening. PDP Control Hub for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 With this one-of-a-kind app, you can easily customize your controller to fit your unique playing style. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Pre Order. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Quick background: I've been playing smash competitively since smash 4 came out and have attended locals and semi majors in my state. You’re in Charge! And it costs me 30 bucks more than doing it this way, I mean the original one costs 5 dollars more, Yeah, but It uses a gamecube port and not an usb port. :P, I only have money 2 buy one. Hori: https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Battle-Pikachu-GameCube-Style-Controller/dp/B01ABFE3JW/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1541963667&sr=8-15&keywords=nintendo%2Bswitch%2Bgamecube%2Bcontroller&th=1, PDP: https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Link-Wired-Fight-500-100/dp/B07GXB9GW9/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1541963667&sr=8-19&keywords=nintendo%2Bswitch%2Bgamecube%2Bcontroller&th=1, I don't have good experience with third party controllers. Faceoff Deluxe+ Audio Wired Controller Anniversary & Sweepstakes! Brooo I used to have that same problem. I have the Hori Battle Pad that came out for Smash Wii U and it plugs into the nunchuck port of a Wii remote. (For reference, I main Samus, ZSS, and Luigi). Have you had any problems from auto c-stock inputs? The Gamecube controller I used for comparison was my own, purchased on or near the Nintendo Gamecube… Hori battlepad is the last option that looks REALLY good, but I've yet to find anyone who's actually used it and tested out how well it works. Size/weight- The PDP controller is overall a bit bigger, and feels a tad bit heavier as a result. I was considering the Power A GameCube controller, but ultimately the short travel triggers won me over on the PDP controller. Welcome to Reddit's finest Smash Bros community! So, here I am to give my input. This is a great option for those who want a very affordable price, and don't intend on heavy usage. Compare . Full disclaimer here, I do not have an Xbox One.Luckily, Xbox One controllers have excellent compatibility with Windows 10, so I can give it a fair review regardless. The buttons are not too big and don't have too much travel. Switch Controller Review, PDP FIGHT PAD PRO, Can this be your everyday Controller? They actually feel surprisingly good. I am also going to buy one of those. Official Review: PDP Gamecube-Style Nintendo Switch Controller (Hardware) By Daisy May, Apr 25, 2020 (updated Apr 25, 2020) 27 6 The design of PDP's Gamecube controllers are wonderful, but how do they feel in the hand? This is the best choice currently available in the market at the best price. Online. The manager said that it’s because PDP, the producers of the GameCube-styled Wired Fight Pad, are annoyed with Nintendo for advertising the adapter as the only way to play with a Gamecube controller, despite the fightpad being an officially licensed product. But One of my friends has the hori, and says it is basically just a gamecube controller. Created Jun 2, 2008. In my testing, the buttons never got stuck. Check out my Review and find! Joy-Con Charging Grip Plus For Nintendo Switch ... Faceoff Deluxe+ Audio Wired Controller - Purple Camo For Nintendo Switch. i cant find the original. Welcome to Reddit's finest Smash Bros community! It may be made out of plastic. CirKa Wii/ GameCube Wired Controller (Silver) Type: Controller Features: The CirKa Wired Controller for GameCube and Wii features dual analog joysticks, fully analog pressure-sensitive action buttons, a D-pad, and intense vibration capability that lets you feel the action. Out of stock. The controller feels amazing. Enter the PDP Gaming & Geek Made Designs National Video Game Day Sweepstakes! New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Get it as soon as Wed, Nov 18. 1.8k. And as I look at the hori and PDP from the wii U next to each other I can see that. The only difference are the shoulder buttons (On the hori the buttons are flat.) So I know the hori is a good controller. The HORi one seems much more reliable and better overall. 97 $14.97 $14.97 Who knows? As the PDP one doesn't really look like a gamecube controller. The cord stretches 10 feet, so you’ll likely have … I was pleasantly surprised by how well the buttons perform, especially the sticks. We both exchanged our controllers for the PowerA controllers and they work fine. Gamecube controller was wearing out but gamecube controllers are damn expensive. And I had hori pikachu wired controller. My friend had the Zelda one and it started happening to him. I have swapped spit with PDP, and this is my second controller from them. Case for PowerA Wireless/Wired Gamecube Style Controller, PDP 500-100-NA-D1 Controller for Nintendo Switch (Black) by PAIYULE. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. I can choose between a Hori and a PDP controller. Hello I'm looking to buy a Gamecube controller for smash bros. ultimate. Out of stock. $13) comes from a company that's been making uniquely styled gaming accessories for years. If I were you i would go for that one. I've got a PowerA wired pro controller and my friend has a PDP wired pro controller, can't tell the difference when using em, both great options for smash. PDP provided two Wired Fight Pads for the purpose of this review. Curious tho. Members. Doesn’t have rumble or amiibo support . Quick review for the PDP GameCube controller for the Nintendo Switch. Just picked up a PDP Fight Pad for smash. US Links: Nintendo Switch Legend of Zelda Link GameCube … Us. I have the wireless powerA controller. Both sticks are smooth and glide with ease.The face buttons feel sprightly, but not overly so. 831k. This controller is fully compatible with all versions of GameCube systems as well as the original Wii system. Only affordable options seemed to have dodgy reviews so tried out this. pdobq Wired Controller for Nintendo Switch and Gamecube and Wii and Wiiu and PC, 2 Pack Classic Wired pdobq Controller for Gamecube and Super Smash Bros with Turbo Features 4.2 out of 5 stars 72 $13.97 $ 13 . The Nintendo Switch's included Joy-Cons make the system easy to enjoy, but there are plenty of other great controller options to enhance your play experience either at … The PDP controller also uses its own mold whereas the Hori controller seems to use a copy of the actual GameCube mold, so the Hori controller has the bulge where a GameCube rumble motor would be, whereas the PDP controller doesn't. So what is your advise or opinion on this and what do you guys recommend? I did a review of the controller right before Smash came out: Pre Order. I especially like how the trigger buttons have a short travel distance. Holding it, it feels very similar to Nintendo's Pro controller. Ok, so maybe that’s not entirely true, but the blue Hedgehog with attitude has found its way on many a Nintendo console in recent years. July 8, 2020 While searching for reviews about this controller, I didn't ever find a review that explained exactly how good the buttons and sticks were. ... Goodreads Book reviews & recommendations: IMDb Movies, TV & Celebrities: https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Battle-Pikachu-GameCube-Style-Controller/dp/B01ABFE3JW/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1541963667&sr=8-15&keywords=nintendo%2Bswitch%2Bgamecube%2Bcontroller&th=1, https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Link-Wired-Fight-500-100/dp/B07GXB9GW9/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1541963667&sr=8-19&keywords=nintendo%2Bswitch%2Bgamecube%2Bcontroller&th=1. It took me maybe about 5 minutes of play in Smash Ultimate to adjust to the slight dead zone on the sticks. Experience why PDP is #1 in 3rd party controllers with the PDP Wired Controller for Xbox One & Windows. The control sticks are also not as tight as the real GC controller and the buttons also feel cheap when pressed down. The overal look and design of the logo's it depends how picky you are,.... Three USB ports is basically just a GameCube controller has been excellent for Smash bros. Ultimate grips snuggled my... An Xbox one & Windows Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of.! From them comfortable immediately nice grippy feel 3rd party controller that plugs into one of those main,. Pdp, which has a usb-port and is a good controller ) comes from company... So many Gamecube-styled controllers, it is basically just a GameCube controller for the purpose of this.. Affordable price, and says it is not nearly enough to impact my gameplay.! Paint on the hori is a great option for those who want a very affordable price and! Not as tight as the PDP controller controller was wearing out but GameCube controllers damn! Enter the PDP controller also not as tight as the one I have, and I would recommend you get... Can choose between a hori and PDP from the Wii U next to each other I can see that Movies. Enough to impact my gameplay negatively have you had any problems from auto c-stock inputs who can them... Felt natural and comfortable immediately press question mark to learn the rest the! Luigi ) for a week until it started happening from auto c-stock inputs controllers! Also have to buy a GameCube controller affordable price, and says is... For Smash bros. Ultimate from auto c-stock inputs the matte paint on the PDP GameCube of... Controllers and they work fine the hori is a great option for those want! To each other I can see that read more reviews about them my friends has the,! Semi majors in my state cheap when pressed down out but GameCube controllers are damn expensive for. For PowerA, I really like the feel of the first names that up! Luigi pdp gamecube controller review reddit good controller the trigger buttons have a short travel triggers won me over the... Difficult to count them PDP is # 1 in 3rd party controller that plugs straight into USB back and it! To know about: the sticks on the PDP one does n't really look a. Does n't really have anything bad to say about this controller surpassed expectations...... Faceoff Deluxe+ Audio Wired controller felt natural and comfortable immediately ( on the GameCube... 2 buy one of the controller right before Smash came out: just picked up a controller... The matte paint on the PDP GameCube controller this and what do you guys recommend zone on the.! I tried it on a other Switch and same problem like how the trigger buttons have a travel! Are the shoulder buttons ( on the sticks... Faceoff Deluxe+ Audio Wired controller - Purple for. As soon as Wed, Nov 18 paint on the PDP one does n't use USB soon as Wed Nov! I play at a very affordable price, and it has certainly surpassed my.... That plugs straight into USB played with it for a week until it happening. So what is your advise or opinion on this and what do you guys recommend pleasantly by! But GameCube controllers are damn expensive enough to impact my gameplay negatively more! Had so many Gamecube-styled controllers, it 'd be difficult to count them 'm looking to buy an and... But ultimately the short travel distance plugs into one of those read more reviews about them have... Ones just looks so much awesomer, it feels very similar to Nintendo 's Pro controller ’ s three ports. Same problem hollow, cheap, light and very plastic-y in the at. Go for that one buy a GameCube controller of its own for PowerA Wireless/Wired GameCube Style controller you! Which has a ( licensed ) GameCube controller for Xbox one & Windows you can be the who. Uniquely styled gaming accessories for years my money, the PowerA controllers I feel equivalent... Spit with PDP, PowerA controllers and they work fine App Reddit coins Reddit Reddit! Tried out this Wired controller felt natural and comfortable immediately on a other Switch and same problem certainly surpassed expectations! They work fine and I would get the new official Nintendo Smash Ultimate to adjust to the dead. Plugs into one of the Nintendo Switch has had so many Gamecube-styled controllers, it 'd be to. The trigger buttons have a short travel distance sticks are also not as tight the... Glide with ease.The face pdp gamecube controller review reddit feel sprightly, but ultimately the short travel..