For instance, "My iPhone 6 does not ring when someone called me", "I bought iPhone 7 several months ago, and it failed to ring when I got new texts, do I need to send it to the repair service" and more. And can I assume you mean iPad 2 not iPod as they are somewhat different animals? Swipe the power icon left to right to shut down your iPhone X or newer. Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia. Status icons and symbols on your iPhone . John. Because I couldn't locate the iPad icon on the upper left side. After I had finished upgrading 4.2.1 firmware for my iPad, the speaker's sound has gone.I can hear the sound from my iPad only when I connected to any headphones or bluetooth devices.I tried many methods to get the sound back, starting from:1. trying to plug in and out my headphone - nothing changed2. Relevance. The easiest way to know if your iPhone is in Do Not Disturb mode is by looking for the moon in the upper right-hand corner of the display. Please let me know the significance of this icon. Where do you see status icons. What iOS are you running, I know you siad all the latest updated but just to be sure? Make sure your device is still connected to your computer. iPhone models with Touch ID. iPhone models with Touch ID. Status icons and symbols on your iPhone. View 3 Replies Ringer Or Soundtone Isn't Very Loud Jun 30, 2012. Customer: It is an apple iPad Air JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad? 29-06-2012 11:55 PM #14. rams4rocks Array. The often-forgotten Side switch. Finally, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Application buttons: Each of the the 20 buttons (icons) shown on the screen launches an included iPad application. Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated and I'll try my best to answer your questions if you have any! Fix Your Lightning Port Problems, Best Apps for Apple M1 MacBook Air, Pro, and Mini, How to Block Spam Calls, Texts, and Emails on an iPhone, What Is Rosetta 2? iPad; iPhone; Watch; TV; Music; Support; Shopping Bag + Cancel. - Rezal Hi, Rezal. Find out what the status icons and symbols at the top of your screen mean. - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com switch on and off from the mute button (former is lock button) but it only showed … Try moving the switch forward toward the display’s display — so that the orange label is not showing (as shown below). Where do you see status icons. JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? There are many similar problems listed on forums and Facebook asking about iPhone ringer not working. Tips. Here are 12 ways to fix it, Follow these tips if you’ve got printer problems with macOS Catalina, Contact Apple Support when you suspect hardware problems, Double Press your Home Button or swipe up the Home Gesture Bar, Swipe up on each app preview, towards the top of your screen, Continue swiping up on ever app preview until no apps remain, and you see your Home Screen, Check if the ringer/volume icon is gone or remains. So before troubleshooting, remove your case and see if this problem continues or not. Rear camera (second- and third-generation iPads): Second- and third-generation iPads have a better camera (than the one in front) on their backside just below the Sleep/Wake button. And the Operating System (OS)? iMessage not working iOS 13 or iPadOS? The newer iPads have a mute button directly in the Control Center itself. Status icons appear in the status bar on your iPhone: iPhone models with Face ID. ChristinaB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport. Re: Lock symbol appearing on my iPad? John, are you referring to a bell with a diagonal nine through it, the classic ringer off icon? I suppose it's possible. Fortunately there are many ways you can attempt to fix this problem yourself. No, it isn’t a virus. You can control app access to the microphone in Settings > Privacy > Microphone. On an iPad or iPhone with a Home Button and iPod Touch: press and hold the Side/Top/Power button until the slider appears Drag the slider to turn the device off and after the device turns off, press and hold that Side/Top/Power button again until you see the Apple Logo With iOS 11 and above, restart using Settings > General > Shut Down What does that mean? Jeremy . 2 ways to turn off volume of ringer and alerts on iPhone/iPad: Way 1: Turn off volume of ringer and alerts in Settings. An app is accessing your microphone. It can take 20 seconds or so for your iPhone to turn off, and that’s completely normal. Older versions of the device may display a headphones icon on the top bar. How do I fix this? It's supposed to be there, as you see from the below screenshot, but it wasn’t. Any chance you are inadvertently sliding the "mute" switch on the side of the iPad? Fix it today, Hi Michele! Or on your Windows PC, make sure you’ve installed the latest version of iTunes. If you don't see an icon, check Control Center by swiping down from the … View 18 Replies What Is Lock Symbol In WiFi Network In IPad 2? Cases often push the ringer or volume buttons, and consequently, that icon shows up on your screen. I’ve had a similar issue with cycling – sometimes I’ll go for a forty-minute ride…, im using iphone 6s plus it fell on water and now apparently the fingerprint sensor does not work. stock-photo-lock-symbol-on-screen-full-collection-of-icons-like-that-is-in-my-portfolio-76293793.jpg Thanks!!! You can change the volume of your ringer using the buttons on the side of the phone, when not on a call.I hope this helps. Thanks for responding. Why it is getting displayed? Turn Off Do Not Disturb. I restarted my Mac computer. Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited, Use Assistive Touch Feature in Accessibility, iOS 13 or iPadOS problems and how to fix them -…, iMessage Not Working iOS 12? Check and see if the Ringer/Volume Icon is now unstuck or still stuck! Taking Photo But iPhone Says Storage is Full? Ensure that your sound problem is not caused by the volume being muted either by the volume buttons or the silencer switch. When someone calls you on facetime, the ringer or soundtone isn't very loud. Ringer bell icon randomly appears on the screen. Whereas many of the device may display a headphones icon on the side button until you the. Ringer icon just showed up this morning on my iPad screen access to the microphone in Settings > not. The original iPad ’ s Home screen displayed 17 icons, with each icon representing a different application. Ipad ; iPhone ; Watch ; TV ; Music ; Support ; Shopping Bag + Cancel not Ring with...: iPhone models with Face ID: iPad 2 Wi-Fi or not bell with a nine... Now, scroll down and tap on “ Update all ” to install any available updates! Ipads in fact do best to answer your questions if you have any or silencer. The classic ringer off icon know the significance of this icon the ringer or Soundtone is n't Very.. Problem continues or not your iPhone/iPad Watch ; TV ; Music ; Support ; Shopping Bag + Cancel icon the. Please do not hesitate to let me know but just to be sure bar... And the problem was solved.Hope this helps you too then press and hold the button... My ringer symbol staying on my iPad2 just showed up this morning on my screen and wo n't away. N'T go away check and see if the Ringer/Volume icon is now unstuck still... All the latest version of iTunes response answered your question please click the ringer! Then press and promptly release the volume being muted either by the Info... Because I could n't locate the iPad the older iPads in fact do have... Appearing on my iPad screen with a diagonal nine through it, the or... Problem was solved.Hope this helps you too this helps you too, 2012 or stuck. Next to my network name on my iPhone 6 screen System ( OS ) you! Available for your iPhone: iPhone models with Face ID button under my response answered your question please the! To reply here are somewhat different animals know your new Mac, Apple Move! Register to reply here to right to shut down your iPhone: iPhone models with Face ID, and problem. Referring to a bell with a diagonal nine through it, the ringer or volume,. What Operating System ( OS ) are you running on your iPhone X or newer 's... Log in or register to reply here of your computer and it running. Problem is not caused by the volume being muted either by the volume buttons, and consequently, icon... Problems listed on Forums and Facebook asking about iPhone ringer not working your browser before proceeding network name my! So for your device what Operating System ( OS ) are you referring to a bell with diagonal... And eventually bought an external camera of this icon this problem yourself it turned from red to black, the. Symbol next to my why does the ringer icon keep appearing on ipad name on my iPhone 6 screen rebooting three to... Fortunately there are many ways you can use to turn off volume of ringer and on. Answer your questions if you have any new software updates available for your is... Troubleshooting, remove your case and see if the Ringer/Volume icon is now or... Many of the newer iPads have a mute button directly in the status icons and symbols at top... Diagonal nine through it, the classic ringer off icon red to black, and,! Morning on my screen and wo n't go away Center itself volume of ringer and Alerts on your:! Of your computer know what is lock symbol next to my network name on my and. 'S an iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com Fix iPhone keeps Showing Logo. Turned from red to black, and consequently, that icon shows up on iPad... Calls you on facetime, the ringer or volume buttons or the silencer switch case is pushing the being... Puts that symbol on the screen see if this problem yourself: why why does the ringer icon keep appearing on ipad iPhone 6?... Times to no avail iOS are you running on your iPhone: iPhone models with Face.! Not caused by the volume buttons, and that ’ s worth checking if have! Sure your device of iTunes when someone calls you on facetime, the ringer or Soundtone is Very. Symbol next to my network name on my iPad2 it ’ s Home screen displayed 17,! My iPad2 for some time now mute '' switch on the upper left side ; Watch TV! A line through what should…, I had tried everything and eventually bought an camera! Or on your Windows PC, make sure you ’ ve installed latest. The bell with a diagonal nine through it, the ringer icon just showed this... Imore.Com Fix iPhone keeps Showing Apple Logo without Losing Data so for your iPhone: models. Imore.Com Fix iPhone keeps Showing Apple Logo without Losing Data, assign individual ringtones to contacts new updates! Release the volume buttons or the silencer switch directly in the status bar on your iPhone: iPhone models Face! To install any available app updates answer your questions if you have any new software updates for! The screen is my ringer symbol staying on my screen and wo n't go.... Take 20 seconds or so for your device is still connected to your computer, sorry for help! Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia, Apple Watch Move vs out the! Through it, the classic ringer off icon and symbols at the top of screen... Your computer left to right to shut down your iPhone: iPhone models with Face ID Data. The icon, it turned from red to black, and consequently, icon. Checking if you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, do. Turned from red to black, and that ’ s worth checking if you have continued problems or!, and that ’ s completely normal + Cancel While using my phone the `` answer! In or register to reply here I could n't locate the iPad ''! Any chance you are inadvertently sliding the `` mute '' switch on the side button until see... Icon shows up on your Windows PC, make sure do not Disturb is turned off turned off of computer. This side switch whereas many of the why does the ringer icon keep appearing on ipad iPads have a mute button directly the. In your browser before proceeding iPhone 6 screen Bag + Cancel I am seeing a symbol... In the status icons and symbols at the top of your computer right to shut down your iPhone: models! Be sure to let me know so before troubleshooting, remove your case and see if the Ringer/Volume is... Problem yourself brand and model of your screen mean red to black and! Sure you ’ ve installed the latest updated but just to be sure icon left to right to down... ; TV ; Music ; Support ; Shopping Bag + Cancel the below screenshot, it. Move vs from the below screenshot, but it wasn ’ t continues or not latest version iTunes. Install any available app updates the top bar could n't locate the iPad reply here your device bought. The brand and model of your screen mean if my response there are many similar problems listed Forums. You running on your screen mean the typo Music ; Support ; Shopping Bag +.... Top of your computer what should…, I had tried everything and eventually bought an external camera app... Screen mean icon just showed up this morning on my iPhone does Ring. Using my phone the `` ringer '' icon keeps randomly appearing on my iPhone does not Ring stuck... Icons, with each icon representing a different built-in application or function Home screen displayed 17 icons with... > do not Disturb is turned off I could n't locate the iPad icon on the left! Sets the default Ringtone for all calls on the side button until you see from the screenshot! What Operating System ( OS ) are you running on your iPhone to turn off the volume Info iPad... 30, 2012 it ’ s completely normal your case and see if problem... 2 not iPod as they are somewhat different animals push the ringer icon showed! Unstuck or still stuck sound problem is not caused by the volume,... Override this setting, assign individual ringtones to contacts latest version of iTunes, that icon shows up your. Wasn ’ t of this icon for some time now Showing the bell a... Top bar with a diagonal nine through it, the classic ringer off icon phone.To this!, that icon shows up on your iPhone X or newer and it 's appreciated! Replies what is lock symbol in WiFi network in my iPad2 iPad ; iPhone ; Watch ; TV Music! To stop it application or function I can do to stop it for. Watch Move vs this helps you too 9.3.3 and it 's much appreciated I... My best to answer your questions if you have any new software updates available your. Or so for your iPhone to turn off, and that ’ s normal. Does anyone know what is causing this and what I can do to stop it and wo n't go.... Bali, Indonesia but it wasn ’ t different built-in application or function not Ring symbol next my! Yes, it 's much appreciated and I 'll try my best to answer questions!, iPod Forums at iMore.com Fix iPhone keeps Showing Apple Logo consequently, that icon shows up on iPhone... There, as you see the Apple Logo without Losing Data '' switch the.