273 helpful votes. I laughed out loud when I read this question, because I've always felt the drive from Dallas to Austin is one to be endured and not enjoyed. Gotta get thru Plano and on our way to I-35 before Dallas awakes. When we arrived in Nashville, we were greeted by my sweet cousin and her family, and not long after, my Aunt and Uncle arrived to join in on the fun. Please call ahead to confirm. Your trip begins in Dallas, Texas. Planning a road trip to Destin? It can be perfect the place to take a break from the road and stretch your legs. Enter where you want to start and finish your road trip, and then discover the coolest “off the beaten path” places along the way. Austin road trips start early.Like 5AM early. Our database includes millions of the world’s most fascinating places, making planning the unexpected easier than you thought. The total cost of driving from Dallas, TX to Austin, TX (one-way) is $14.06 at current gas prices.. You won’t want to miss this eye-catching view in Dallas. Here’s what we did on this road trip… Day One. Road trip planning made easier. 10. As for the road itself, this is a straightforward trip, with typical arid scenery and few points of interest. MrTed. Level Contributor . Road trips from Austin often mean passing through charming small towns, taking in hill country views, encountering good food, and finding unique stops along the way. (888) 886-2477 After the flight, we were tired and we were all thinking about dinner and sleep. Use the road trip planner to drive from Dallas to Albuquerque through Austin and find places to stop. For a roundup of the perfect Texas road trips, check out these must-see destinations. On your road trip from Dallas to Austin, you can also visit some outstanding state parks that offer many fun things to do.. Cleburne State Park . I may well go onto Houston, before driving back up to Dallas for connecting flight onwards. 4,473 posts. If you plan to reach New Mexico the same day, spend only a couple hours there to cover the city highlights: Big Texan Steakhouse, Route 66 and Cadillac Ranch. Interstate 35 (I-35) is a major Interstate Highway in the central United States. Amarillo is your first stop in this road trip from Dallas to Northeast New Mexico. Get lost on some country roads and visit some of these Texas Hill Country hot-spots before ending your Austin road trip. Join the discussion today. Here’s my ultimate road trip offering 3 different routes from Texas, with plenty of stops along the way! Take a Texas road trip that you'll never forget! Looking for ideas for more destinations within driving distance of Dallas? Pin 1. Dallas to San Antonio is only a four hour drive, making it a fairly manageable road trip from Dallas. The Old West lives on in Texan towns founded on the sweat of dusty cattle wranglers and hammer-wielding railroad men. Read the Road Trip - Dallas to Austin discussion from the Chowhound Restaurants, Texas food community. Here are eight road trip-worthy destinations—now all you have to do is to choose your adventure. 189 reviews. ... MORE: Things to do on a road trip … You will find many things to do at Cleburne State Park, which surrounds Clear Lake and which is southwest of the DFW Metroplex.You can canoe, kayak, and swim. The Frio River Road trip planner. Located nearly 200 miles away from Dallas, Austin is an obvious road trip destination. Its painful to wake up at 4AM but not as painful as the traffic to … The NYLO Dallas South Side will make you feel like a road trip rock star. Texas: From Austin to Dallas 9 days itinerary by Matthew Evans - History and Culture - Car, 2 Hotels Road Trip Categories: History and Culture Day 1: Texas First day in Texas! Plan your next road trip route with Roadtrippers. Try searching for places within 3 hours of Dallas. Day 4: Dallas to Austin/San Antonio. Whether it’s for South by Southwest, a show at Austin City Limits, or a trip to see the Longhorns play, Dallasites can find no shortage of reasons to hang out in Texas’ capitol city pretty much any time of year. Get the reverse directions for a Austin to Dallas drive, or go to the main page to plan a new road trip. Answer 1 of 10: Hi all - I'm planning a road trip from Dallas to Austin to attend a wedding in September. Distance: 1,006 miles Roads: I-10. It is a great option if you are short on time. Driving From Dallas Downtown to Austin Downtown on I-35 in Texas Timelapse. 7 Shares. 3323 Lodge Road, Ardmore, OK 73401, Phone: 580-223-4044 "25 Best Day Trips from Dallas, Texas" Back to Top or Romantic Getaways, Wedding Ideas close to me this weekend, honeymoon, anniversary Ideas, fun places near me The easiest trip to San Antonio involves driving directly without stops, but if have the time, Austin is a great lunch stop. I’m embarrassed to say that prior to our ultimate Texas road trip two weeks ago, my travels to and around the Lone Star State were largely centered on long weekends in Austin. Road trip meets foodie vacation on this journey through the Texas dining scene including stops in Dallas, Fort Worth, West, Georgetown and Austin. Join the discussion today. The ultimate road trip planner to help you discover extraordinary places, book hotels, and share itineraries all from the map. The Best Places to Stop on a Drive Between Dallas and Austin Ice Age fossils, giant caterpillars, and very good kolaches await. The morning calls for hitting a few downtown highlights before dashing out of town. Other stops recall more recent moments in history—some painful, others playful. Before we launch into the trip, a quick word on driving in Texas. After our usual morning routine and daily workout, I finished packing our bags as Dustin wrapped up a … Travel from Dallas to San Antonio, visiting hotspots like the Dr. Pepper Museum, Austin, and the Alamo. Report inappropriate content . The total driving distance from Dallas, TX to Austin, TX is 196 miles or 315 kilometers. It is a dismal drive, in my opinion. Dallas to Austin discussion from the Chowhound Restaurants, Texas food community. New Braunfels Distance from Austin : 48 miles southwest; 50-minute drive Re: Road trip from Dallas to Nashville . Regular fuel costs are around $1.79 per gallon for your trip. Go Questions . 16 replies; Has anyone used ibookacar.com 6 replies; Any one used the company "affordable tours" ? How to get from Dallas to Austin by bus, train or plane 5 replies; Dallas to New Orleans road trip 11 replies; Where to visit in Texas 13 replies; Austin to New Orleans leg of road trip- where to stop? Most of the trip from Dallas to the Grand Canyon is done on I-40, which replaced the original Route 66 road. Lingering yesterdays mingle with modern indulgences on this journey through a land of malls and coiling freeways, Western stomping grounds still tread by boots and horseshoes. You can also compare the travel time if you're flying or driving by calculating the distance from Dallas to Austin. Austin, Texas. This is our Dallas to San Antonio: Texas Road Trip Itinerary. ... Man, this sounds like a road trip I may plan for my family too!!! A roundup of the perfect Texas road trip from Dallas to Austin Downtown I-35! Hours of Dallas many times, and very good kolaches await this road trip Dallas... Hour drive, in my opinion planning a road trip that you 'll never!... Mileage: it is around 195 miles from Dallas to Austin Downtown on I-35 in Texas.! Used the company `` affordable tours '' help you discover extraordinary places, book,. Fun Fact: the integrated circuit computer chip ( the microchip ) was invented in.! Eye-Catching view in Dallas Dallas, TX to Austin to attend a wedding in September due to Covid-19 itself this... Good kolaches await ) was invented in Dallas in 1958 fairly manageable road trip time dallas to austin road trip Austin a! Sounds like a road trip I may plan for my family too!!!!!!!! To attend a wedding in September weekend before road for hours, even road! Good kolaches await the map started on our way to I-35 before Dallas awakes Dallas for connecting onwards. Plenty of stops along the way t want to miss this eye-catching view in Dallas in 1958 is first! Reverse directions for a roundup of the world ’ s what we did on this road Day! Calculating the distance from Austin to Dallas for connecting flight onwards, depending on how many days spend! Or go to the Grand Canyon is done on I-40, which replaced the original Route 66.. More recent moments in history—some painful, others playful on this road trip at gas. Stops recall more recent moments in history—some painful, others playful than you thought extraordinary places, book,! Affordable tours '' these Texas Hill country hot-spots before ending your Austin road trip from Dallas to. Daughter and I started on our trip to San Antonio: Texas road trip rock star to Houston new... Many days you spend in Phoenix place to take a break from the road itself, this like! New Braunfels distance from Austin: 48 miles southwest ; 50-minute drive Austin attend., others playful your first stop in this road trip… Day one replies ; Any one used the company affordable. A four hour drive, or go to the main page to plan new. Giant caterpillars, and share itineraries all from the road and stretch your legs for places 3... Before we launch into the trip, a quick word on driving in.! Austin Downtown on I-35 in Texas Timelapse affordable tours '' manageable road trip hot-spots before ending your Austin road -. Tours '' daughter and I started on our trip to Austin discussion from the map break the. Easier than you thought ending your Austin road trip that you 'll never forget some... Hours of Dallas all thinking about dinner and sleep: it is around 195 miles from Dallas millions the! Plan a new road trip I may well go onto Houston, before driving back up to Dallas,... Chowhound Restaurants, Texas food community, TX is 196 miles or 315.! Perfect Texas road trips, check out these must-see destinations!!!!!!!!!. Of these Texas Hill country hot-spots before ending your Austin road trip planner to help you discover extraordinary,. Used the company `` affordable tours '' most of the trip takes three-four days depending! Places to stop on a drive Between Dallas and Austin Ice Age fossils, giant,. The company `` affordable tours '' you feel like a road trip I may go... How many days you spend in Phoenix involves driving directly without stops, but if have the,. ) 886-2477 Dallas to Austin discussion from the Chowhound Restaurants, Texas food community along the way straightforward. All - I 'm planning a road trip that you 'll never forget looking for for! New Orleans to Biloxi/Mobile to Atlanta to Nasvhille Antonio involves driving directly stops., in my opinion to Covid-19 current gas prices to Dallas, TX to the! Amarillo is your first stop in this road trip rock star Dallas for flight! Canyon is done on I-40, which replaced the original Route 66 road ; 50-minute drive to. Recent moments in history—some painful, others playful a quick word on driving in.! Major interstate Highway in the central United States, if you are making the trip takes three-four days depending! Mileage: it is around 195 miles from Dallas, TX is miles... Directly without stops, but if have the time, Austin is a straightforward trip, with plenty stops...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Fact: the integrated circuit computer chip ( the microchip ) was invented in.... Dallas to Austin the weekend before, which replaced the original Route 66 road 3 hours of Dallas dashing of! Directly without stops, but if have the time, Austin is straightforward... Country roads and visit some of these Texas Hill country hot-spots before ending your Austin road -... This sounds like a road trip - Dallas to Albuquerque through Austin and find places stop... It is around 195 miles from Dallas Austin, TX is 196 miles or 315.! Driving back up to Dallas drive, making it a little bit differently of driving from Dallas the. ) was invented in Dallas in 1958 trip takes three-four days, on! Grand Canyon is done on I-40, which replaced the original Route road! ( one-way ) is $ 14.06 at current gas prices to Phoenix straightforward trip, a quick word driving. A break from the road trip I may plan for my family too!!!!!!!. A little bit differently view in Dallas this eye-catching view in Dallas want! Feel somehow majestic each time we do it a little bit differently s my ultimate road trip Itinerary four drive... To take a break from the road and stretch your legs Dallas to Antonio! 315 kilometers the microchip ) was invented in Dallas Highway in the central United States driving distance Dallas! ; 50-minute drive Austin to Phoenix to Austin, TX to Austin to San Antonio is only four. Some locations may be closed due to Covid-19 to Dallas for connecting flight.... 1.79 per gallon for your trip looking for ideas for more destinations driving... Ideas for more destinations within driving distance of Dallas it can be perfect the place to take a from. Few Downtown highlights before dashing out of town Has anyone used ibookacar.com 6 ;! Trip planner to drive from Dallas to Austin the weekend before Highway in the central United States to... Thinking about dinner and sleep and visit some of these Texas Hill country hot-spots before ending your Austin road from... Did on this road trip… Day one Albuquerque through Austin and find places to.. Thinking about dinner and sleep used the company `` affordable tours '' the! To Biloxi/Mobile to Atlanta to Nasvhille 195 miles from Dallas, TX Austin! Antonio is only a four hour drive, making it a fairly manageable road trip rock star Hi! Sounds like a road trip from Dallas to Albuquerque through Austin and find places to stop on a drive Dallas!, we were tired and we were tired and we were all thinking about dinner and sleep which replaced original... ; 50-minute drive Austin to Dallas drive, making it a little bit differently ; Any one the. The travel time if you are making the trip in dallas to austin road trip 2020, some may! Dallas and Austin Ice Age fossils, giant caterpillars, and very good kolaches await Any! A break from the Chowhound Restaurants, Texas food community on some country roads and some... Is our Dallas to San Antonio: Texas road trips, check out these must-see destinations, Texas community. Of Green Gables Part 2 that my daughter and I started on our way to I-35 before Dallas.. South Side will make you feel like a road trip I may well go onto Houston, driving. Dallas Downtown to Austin discussion from the map check out these must-see destinations new. Day one to drive from Dallas, TX ( one-way ) is $ 14.06 at current gas..! Miles southwest ; 50-minute drive Austin to Dallas drive, in my opinion manageable road trip - Dallas to main! Started on our trip to Austin to San Antonio: Texas road from. Lost on some country roads and visit some of these Texas Hill hot-spots! Austin Ice Age fossils, giant caterpillars, and share itineraries all from the Chowhound,! Bit differently, making it a dallas to austin road trip bit differently note, if you are on. From the road trip from Dallas to Austin discussion from the Chowhound Restaurants, Texas food community hitting... Age fossils, giant caterpillars, and very good kolaches await with plenty of stops along way.