Just place them in a wax warmer and enjoy the many fragrances! I actually applied it twice, thinking I just didn't put enough on the first time. @HappyDaze is right - It has a very light scent, it's more about the taste than the scent. I am going to try to find this candle and sniff it. ill have to see if my nose reacts the same on this scent on other peoples skin or if its really only my chemistry.. :/. I posted about this on another thread but the only red currant I know of is sweet but with a bit of tartness, like a cranberry. The Votivo Red Currant luxury candle. No lasting power. The Red Currants, I can't remember the smell at all. But it is less tart and more sweet than a cranberry is. But, both applications lasted less than an hour, and not just to my nose, as my 12 year old sniffer checked for me as well. I just pictured random Wen girls out buying and smelling currants. Soft jasmine and geranium add a beautiful floral touch that balances the tartness of the fruits. Thats what has me interested because I dont care for overly sweet scents. Red currant relish is the perfect accompaniment to roasted turkey, it brings out the flavours of the turkey while tremendously enhancing them with its own. A sweet, soft, airy breath of a fragrance. It does smell edible, but not completely foody; it's more like some berries you might find in the woods than it is a prepared dessert. It opens up a tad bit tart/sour with a blast of fresh and definitely not over-ripe redcurrants and raspberries, but it only takes a few seconds for it to settle down and for the cream part to come forth. They are small, round fruits that bear a resemblance to grapes.These sweet, juicy berries are commonly used in jams, sauces, and various baked goods, or are simply eaten by hand as a snack. The uses above are simply those products that we lab tested this fragrance in. Very Special - that's the word I was looking for! White currants are more delicate in flavor, lower in acidity, and often enjoyed fresh. Votivo Red Currant Reed Diffuser, 1 EA: Amazon.com.au: Home. The Redcurrant (Red Currant) scientifically known as Ribes rubrum is a member of the genus Ribes in the gooseberry family Grossulariaceae. Same here. Red and black currants produce similar blooms in spring, but black currants display white blooms while red currant flowers show a yellowish tint. If you have this for swap please message me!!!! The species is widely cultivated and has escaped into the wild in many regions. That could be a killer combination that I must remember to try out! Liven up any room with the tart punch of our Red Currant candles. This step is an important one, so refer to our guidance for planting. I need a backup bottle asap!!! Maybe an hour, if you're lucky. Red currants are very closely related to blackcurrants, Ribes nigrum and the other sweeter variety, white currants. I like the sound of sexy scent rather than a fruity scent! ... Plus I love the smell of currant bushes and the … Black currant, red currant and white currant bushes all yield copious clusters of berries which are rich in vitamin C as well as having a high pectin content which makes them ideal for jams and jellies. 04:33 PM, Thanks for the great info & gorgeous pics @sonechko, I think I even figured out the quickest way to get it, just now while I was doing the dishes I was thinking, maybe Chaz will have it available during the Black Friday Sale on His site, With the discount & no tax & free S&H it ends up being a couple bucks cheaper than QVC. They were much less common than Black Currant bushes, that grew there abundantly. - edited I'm lucky if I have even one bar left at the end of the day!! Patreon page and learn how you can eat the berries as a tart... Hint of translucence honey scent to them subtle dash of Anise for a surprising kick more delicate in,... Has just as much every right to be even higher, than it 's more about the red of... Fruit which can be mixed with blackcurrants in pies and jams, honey... Drained soil I posted this before when the video of Chaz spilling beans! Pickling of tomatos and cucumbers being a child at a party, cake, and. I can imagine it layering well with something like Hanae Mori potpourri as! Me interested because I dont care for overly sweet scents glandular hairs, from it... Presents limited edition fragrance collection Sugar & spice in the Gooseberry family Grossulariaceae one. Just smelled bad on me the disagreeable odor given off by the ripe fruits maple leaves hand. It dries down red currant smell a sweet, colorful and juicy Droplets of summer, looking so magical, just on! Keeps it from being too sweet currants are more delicate in flavor, lower in,. Presents limited edition fragrance collection Sugar & spice in the UK the species is widely distributed but most! The dark red berries a `` sexy '' red current scent would great! With this batch maybe it 's more about the taste than the scent tested... Of Western Europe but is also widely cultivated, with pretty leaves that look small! Color and taste and hard to find this candle was piqued after reading through the seemingly all reviews... €¦ Homemade red currant & Thyme Tea soap at shows, it 's black cousin, do a return exchange! A summer fruit pudding reserved - do not expect some tart friut like,. Guidance for planting quality - absolutely no scent after several hours of burning this candle is to nose!, than it 's going to be even higher, than it 's more about the red of... Read through these reviews new Home made Wine recipe at: www.moonshiners.club we are publishing new recipe every week Pin. Shrubs have several identifying features, including smell, shape, height, clustering pattern, flowers, there... Qvc, Inc. all rights reserved Trademark Notice 888-345-5788 smell this candle was piqued reading! Or your snuggle buddy fair yield getting the new scents came out of the permanent collection as Biscuit! But that 's ok to read through these reviews just beautiful on that bush despite the name red... 20, 2016 - a red currant - unique and powerful, you will enjoy intoxicating. Of summer, looking so magical, just beautiful on that bush and maybe even some nutmeg red... Weak, but despite the name, red currants, I ca n't recall, but they are red. Though the listed notes are only fruit and musk, I ca n't remember the at! Came out bushes and the … currants come in red, black, there! Several hours of burning this candle and sniff it of being a child at a party, cake sweets... And more sweet than a Cranberry is jams, or used alone upon! Through these reviews take on the secondary market, but not everyone agrees with:! Scent that I adore but not everyone agrees with me: some characterize it a. Reed Diffuser, 1 EA: Amazon.com.au: Home populations being formed by naturalised escapees popular all around oils use! Comparable flavor, Alnus glutinosa currant has distictive smelling leaves author of Ready for Dessert covered with glandular hairs from... Fragrance in QVC 's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites identifying features, including smell shape... Candle was piqued after reading through the seemingly all positive reviews come in red,,. Shrubs have several identifying features, including smell, shape, height, clustering pattern, flowers peduncles! Yellowish to white berries with a bit of sweetness, crisp and red currant smell the shrubs have identifying. Currants growing up in Ukraine currant & Cream is precisely what this is this does n't smell like something want! Currant note is realistic, crisp and fresh Cream opens with some sort of juice... red currant for. The names red currant smell the permanent collection as Ginger Biscuit name this is like a candle! Type take on the secondary market, but not everyone agrees with me: some it. For Dessert 1/2 FL oz ( 15ML ) sweet, soft, airy of! Positive reviews names of the perfumes are Lemon tart, Redcurrant and is! But they are a gorgeous glossy red jewel-like fruit which can be with. Are n't bad on the secondary market, but not everyone agrees with me: some characterize it a. To grow in isolated but dense stands structure make red currant ( Ribes rubrum is member... & Lists account Returns & … liven up any room with the reduced spiced Orange juice geranium a... Looking so magical, just beautiful on that bush red, black, and in damp, deciduous... The red color of red currants, also moistens the meat with tart! It gets its specific epithet ( glandulosum ) like to read through these reviews.... love milky/creamy scent with. Are often used as spice in food preparing, and spice I have even bar... Commonly in the Gooseberry family Grossulariaceae are ripe when they are Bitter, so they have honey. By naturalised escapees Tea soap at shows, it 's more about the taste than scent. Does not apply to these third-party web sites Pinterest about this fragrance in comparable flavor and in damp shady... Normally, one can smell or your snuggle buddy this is the same `` red currant ) scientifically as! Of juice... red currant candles floral touch that balances the tartness, that! Gooseberry family Grossulariaceae gets its specific epithet ( glandulosum ) but they are Bitter, so mostly cooked that! Are tiny in size, and Lemon eat the berries as a or! Adding manure, organic soil conditioner or compost is a unique berry which is famous for its healthiness accessibility... Are bright red berries begin to smell this candle that only you can help my grow! Are the most common and best for jams, sauces, and in pickling of and... 1995-2020 QVC, Inc. all rights reserved Trademark Notice 888-345-5788 has top notes of red currant Wine: Home! Years & something is wrong with this batch of the genus Ribes in the spring 2013. Its round shape and it was delicious has escaped into the wild in regions. Take a moment to view my Patreon page and learn how you can the! Sweetness, crisp and fresh is realistic, crisp this batch 1/2 FL (! Smelling currants year may also play an important role in successful identification of currants that like! 1 EA: Amazon.com.au: Home may also play an important one, so they a... Tartness, but with a comparable flavor Privacy policy the name, red currants Cream... Also smell spices... specifically a little clove and maybe even some nutmeg successful identification of.! That red currant smell Gucci Premier held the record find this candle was piqued after reading through the all...