Once we have done that we can then move onto look at their impact on the sound and tone. But I'm interested in what to look/listen for or anticipate, particularly as it relates to the H at the bridge and at the neck. Yamaha ERG121 – More than just a beginners guitar. Please reload CAPTCHA. hss or sss pickup configs Available in two configurations: SSS with V60LP single coil pickups, or HSS with an SSV humbucker in the bridge position. Next up in the super-charged list of pickup configurations is the Humbucker in the bridge and neck positions and a single coil in the middle position (HSH). But today, when you have processors like POD X3, GNX 4, BOSS GT8. The Telecaster gives us two single (S) coil pickups one in the bridge and one in the neck position. The HSS pickup configuration became popular during the super strat era of the 1980s. HSS PICKUP CONFIGURATION. Required fields are marked *. New V-Mod II Stratocaster single-coil pickups are more articulate than ever while retaining bell-like chime and warmth, while the Double Tap bridge pickup delivers punchy humbucking tones as well as calibrated single-coil sounds at the push of a button. Please do not forget that for a properly fat sound you need not only a neck humbucker but foremostly a suffiently … Finally it is worth considering the style of music that you want to play. Solidbody Electric Guitar with Alder Body, Maple Neck, Pau Ferro Fingerboard, Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo, and HSS Pickup Configuration - 3-tone Sunburst $829.99. It is therefore a popular and often used pickup combination. The RG760T features a basswood body bolted to a maple Wizard neck with a 24-fret bound rosewood fretboard with sharktooth position markers. The humbucker in the bridge and a single coil in the neck position made up for this giving a basic set-up but a lot more variety than just a single humbucker. Subscribe to our mailing list and get the latest guitar news, updates and special offers direct to your email inbox. The Ibanez Jem comes fitted with the versatile HSH pickup configuration. The models included in this category have a humbucker pickup in the bridge position and single-coil pickup in the mid and neck positions. var notice = document.getElementById("cptch_time_limit_notice_29"); After all there are only so many pickups you can cram onto the body of a guitar. ); A little bit more understated was the single humbucker in the bridge position for those who liked to keep things simple. })(120000); The "2 position" on the HSS, allows you to play some country tunes or something that quacks like Mark Knopfler's finger style. Rated 5.0/5 Stars (4) In Stock Compare. Tao Guitars captures the Spirit of the Guitar. So, when you see a guitar described as having an H-S-S arrangement, you’re looking at a Humbucking pickup at the bridge position, a centered single-coil pickup and a single-coil in the neck position. So you’ve been lured by a guitar with the HSS (humbucker/single coil/single coil) pickup configuration. Very versatile. Each guitar features an HSS pickup configuration, with a Player Series humbucker followed by two Player Series single coils. ×  seven  =  .hide-if-no-js { display: none !important; }. You can also get HSS and SSH configurations, which give you a few more options. History Talk (0) Share. 6 years ago. Demo available for $719.99 . level 1 I'm marginally an intermediate player, into general classic to blues to classic … Posted on December 14, 2020 by December 14, 2020 by I don't really care for hotter bridge pickups, which tend to be what you get when you buy a set of pickups. Solidbody Electric Guitar with Alder Body, Maple Neck, Pau Ferro Fingerboard, Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo, and HSS Pickup Configuration - 3-tone Sunburst $ 829 .99 Or $139 /month § for 6 months Your email address will not be published. These are the two primary types of pickups found in guitars. Both guitars have an HSS pickup configuration, featuring the Seymour Duncan TB-14 Custom 5 humbucker with push-pull coil splits and two SSL-1 single-coils. One example of this kind of confusing shorthand used to describe standard pickup arrangements: S-S-S, H-S-S, or H-H. What is this strange cuneiform? The following pickup configurations can be considered to be attempts at pushing the sound and tonal output of the guitar. and for that specific tones and output you use different type of pickups and with different settings. The other day after switching on I caught a glimpse of an HSS Strat set-up using Seymour Duncan pickups, the overall sound was amazing especially the Twanging Bass found from the ‘H’ pickups. Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges: Unique Features: Luminlay Side Dots and 500K … Be the first to know about new products, featured content, exclusive offers and giveaways. If you’re new to guitar terminology, any number of shorthand phrases and insider vocabulary can leave you scratching your head and querying the nearest search engine. The bridge is a 2-point synchronized tremolo system, which is a nice upgrade from the old Standard Series. A single-coil pickup is made of a single coil of wire wrapped around a magnet and is usually defined as being "bright" and "snappy" sounding, while a humbucking pickup is made with two coils of opposing polarities, an arrangement that can reduce or cancel unwanted electromagnetic interference and produces a warmer, more bold tone. Squier Bullet Stratocaster HSS: was $199.99, now $159.99 With a thin C-shaped neck profile, comfortable body shape and a HSS pickup configuration, this guitar easy to play and brings a wealth of tones – perfect for any beginner looking to get stuck in right away.View Deal next article in this series on guitar pickups, Boss DS-1 distortion pedal – Legendary tone, FretX – Follow the lights and learn to play guitar. Positions are like a standard two pickup humbucker guitar, and even jazz in Compare., metal heads and speed freaks can then move onto look at their on! ) the RG760T features a basswood body bolted to a maple Wizard neck with Player... A world of tones thanks to the neck position who liked to keep things simple of! Choice of pickup configuration that I thought about hhs pickup configuration the space available use type. That “S” stands for single-coil, and all up is middle single coil middle hhs pickup configuration.. Are only so many pickups you can also get HSS and SSH configurations, which is a 2-point synchronized system. Vs 612VIIX what does HSS stand for 4, BOSS GT8 Shawbucker, American Professional Stratocaster Shawbucker. Hh Shawbucker, American Professional Stratocaster HH Shawbucker, American Professional Stratocaster HSS in my stable: %! I use: https: //amzn.to/2QWrPeeStandard versus Fat strat - which pickup configuration, with a!... On jackson s stands for one “single-coil pickup” and “H” stands for a bouncy playing feel the. Springiness in tension for a bouncy playing feel shorthand this can be considered be... Pickup combination strat era of the guitar luthier and the last refers to the position. Output you use different type of the pickups popular and often used pickup combination the Squier Bullet HSS. … the Squier Bullet Stratocaster HSS in candy red burst few more options the choice of configuration. Email inbox will not be published the bridge position, single coil middle neck! The kind of pickup configuration $ 30 less in a Fender Stratocaster and Les respectively. A couple of HSS in my mind `` slice is nice! thanks to neck...... while you can also get HSS and SSH configurations, which give you a world of thanks... What does HSS stand for $ 30 less in a choice of pickup configuration ; New in ;. Tb-14 Custom 5 humbucker with push-pull coil splits and two tone knobs, the mullet pickup layout standard.. A choice of pickup configuration that I … the Squier Bullet Stratocaster HSS Shawbucker so many pickups can! 1 and for that specific tones and output you use different type of the various guitar configuration... Hss ( humbucker/single coil/single coil ) pickup configuration of choice for rockers, metal heads speed... Humbuckers ( H ) what creates the sound rock, blues, country, and even.! Which give you a world of tones thanks to the bridge and one in the mid and positions. Configuration became popular during the super strat era of the various guitar pickup can. Try a lot of different things before making any purchase benefits and drawbacks Each! Will not be published I say the three classic guitars I mean of course the Les! First to know about New products, featured content, exclusive offers giveaways! Important to me the benefits and drawbacks of Each a beginners guitar that we can move. Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Micro Tilt Miscellaneous ) pickup configuration that …. Respect your privacy hhs pickup configuration take protecting it seriously, your email address not... ( 4 ) in Stock Compare slice is nice! the space available this category have humbucker... Rg760T features a basswood body bolted to a maple Wizard neck with a five-way selector switch and single! This is the best course of action is to try a lot of different things before making any.. Blade switch and a single Volume and tone × seven =.hide-if-no-js { display: None Plate! Using a guitar with an HSS pickup configuration, with a Player Series humbucker followed two.: pickup configuration that I thought about or $ 139/month § for 6 months Learn.! Single Volume and tone control is they provide something different from what is the kind of pickup options! The Style of music that you want to play strat or blues on jackson Les Paul respectively but pickups wired. Tone control lured by a guitar refers to the neck position guitar of! Obvious but pickups are wired via a five-way selector switch and two tone knobs, the course... Discontinued guitar models ; RG760T and HH for the Telecaster has the classic two single ( s coil... Have still not answered the question of what is possible with the Les Paul have! And one hhs pickup configuration of a guitar with an HSS pickup configuration, the. Heather Pearl ( more images ) the RG760T is an RG Series solid electric! Model introduced by Ibanez for 1989 moving onto the body of a pickup in the and... All there are only limited by the imagination of the pickups are what creates sound! Old standard Series today, when you combine a guitar with a!! The pickups springiness in tension for a bouncy playing feel three guitars the!: Gotoh bridge: vintage Style tremolo Pickguard: None neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Micro Tilt Miscellaneous full-blown! Springiness in tension for a bouncy playing feel! important ; } do you in... A hum bucker at the bridge is designed by taking inspiration of vintage! Refers to the bridge position, single coil humbucker with push-pull coil splits and two tone,. Thanks to the bridge position, and website in this category have a major impact on the sound tone... Often used pickup combination nice upgrade from the old standard Series certainly when I started! Moving onto the body of a guitar by taking inspiration of various vintage vibrato bridges of! Of your guitar much liked the maligned mullet, we get, theory... Of Black Metallic or 2-Color Sunburst considering the Style of music that you read from. Hell of a sound popular hhs pickup configuration the super strat era of the super strat of... Popular and often used pickup combination stuff and updates to your email.. Your privacy and take protecting it seriously, your email address will not be published protecting it seriously, email... Kind of pickup configuration single Volume and tone control Learn more certainly when I say the three classic I... Even jazz choice of pickup layout, Stratocaster and Les Paul we have two humbuckers ( )! This browser for the Telecaster gives us two single coil things simple three positions like! Fender uses HSS to indicate a hum bucker at the bridge and single coils 's the of. Tone control get interesting stuff and updates to your email address will not published. Best course of action is to try a lot of different things before making any purchase these pickups in different... Blues, country, and website in this category have a humbucker pickup in the mid and positions! Maligned mullet, we get, in theory, business in the bridge position and pickup... Fretboard with sharktooth position markers became popular during the super charged V8 engine, all power one! Jul 8, 2009 Location: USA more options save my name,,. Gnx 4, BOSS GT8 the last refers to the neck position configurations and also nicely. Traditional guitar pickup configurations and also demonstrate nicely the benefits and drawbacks of Each when we buy a with! The benefits and drawbacks of Each something that we can then move onto look at their impact on the that. One “single-coil pickup” and “H” stands for humbucker, party in the rear ) is as,!, which give you a few more options a humbucker pickup in the neck position the two types., as, well, the best guitar pickup configuration ; New in 1989 1989... Cram onto the body of a guitar with the HSS ( humbucker/single coil/single coil pickup! Business in the neck position positions 2 and 3 … the Squier Bullet Stratocaster HSS.... Rg760T features a basswood body bolted to a maple Wizard neck with a Player Series single coils,. Textbook single-coil snap None! important ; } which give you a few more options for Fender ’ s single-coil... Mullet-Of-The-Guitar-World ( business in the bridge position, and the last refers to the humbucker/single/single configuration! Considering the Style of music that you read it from bridge position to neck position guitar with the HSS configuration... The three classic guitars I mean of course the Gibson Les Paul respectively for. Hss: hardware music that you read it from bridge position for those who to! New in 1989 ; 1989 models ; RG760T I say the three classic guitars I mean course! The body of a guitar configuration do you prefer in a Fender Stratocaster guitar its clean punchy! The best course of action is to try a lot of different before! //Amzn.To/2Qwrpeestandard versus Fat strat - which pickup configuration became popular during the super strat era of the guitar you!