So many times we think that we have blown it. How to Say Comfort in Hebrew. This is usually an expression of sorrow or compassion. Please report examples to be edited or not to be displayed. Until we gave up our old ways and turned to God (repented), we could never feel that deep breath of clean, fresh air. assistance, such as that provided to an enemy or to a known criminal; "it gave comfort to the enemy", a feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment, a freedom from financial difficulty that promotes a comfortable state; "a life of luxury and ease"; "he had all the material comforts of this world", a state of being relaxed and feeling no pain; "he is a man who enjoys his comfort"; "she longed for the comfortableness of her armchair", bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together, satisfaction or physical well-being provided by a person or thing; "his friendship was a comfort"; "a padded chair was one of the room's few comforts", the act of consoling; giving relief in affliction; "his presence was a consolation to her", lessen pain or discomfort; alleviate; "ease the pain in your legs". verb לְנַחֵם. It seems to have come from a word meaning “to breathe deeply” as an expression of intense feelings. Found 10660 sentences matching phrase "comfort".Found in 20 ms. comfort, compassion. We gasped and choked on our guilt and shame. So the stadium has a few elements which create that outdoor. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. We were suffocating ourselves with a life choked in sin. A consolation; something relieving suffering or worry. Isaiah 57:18. Here is the translation and the Hebrew word for comfort: נוחות Edit. These examples may contain colloquial words based on your search. Spelling: (nekh-aw-maw') Short Definition: comfort. We feel like life is over. If you want to know how to say comfort in Hebrew, you will find the translation here. 5151 . convenience, amenity. נוחות. The fact that the same word has connections to repentance and to comfort is particularly significant. Repentance itself is the first stage of divine comfort for in repentance we allow God to find us. To make comfortable. Elapsed time: 116 ms. Word index: 1-300, 301-600, 601-900, More, Expression index: 1-400, 401-800, 801-1200, More, Phrase index: 1-400, 401-800, 801-1200, More. noun נוֹחוּת. comfort translation in English-Hebrew dictionary. It is also an action that brings great comfort. The fact that the same word has connections to repentance and to comfort is particularly significant. But God says that He can make the changes needed to restore us. 5149. To provide comfort to or relieve suffering. Turning from our old way of living to God’s way is the meaning of repentance. Hebrew Translation. and opportunity, and I threw it in their faces. עובדי אלוהים לעמוד איתן בקשיים וכדי להזכיר להם עובדה, message to people who were like a bruised reed that was bent over, Thus as Jesus carried on his ministry, he not only, those who listened with faith but also laid, את אלה שהקשיבו לו באמונה שלמה, אלא גם הניח את, And you and your baby, Mrs. Henry, you're, This proverb also teaches that although it is, to turn to an empathetic friend for emotional support, humans are limited in the, המשל גם מלמד שאם פונים לחבר אמפתי לקבלת תמיכה רגשית, יש בזה אומנם משום, they would just take steps to make the patient as, I' m just not sure that I am really ready to pack up and move somewhere to live this whole new life when I' m just starting to become. Repentance itself is the first stage of divine comfort for in repentance we allow God to find us. When it comes to graphics resolution, features, With simple height, swivel, tilt and pivot adjustments, the UltraSharp 2009W delivers custom, עם כוונונים פשוטים של גובה, סיבוב מצד לצד, הטיה וסיבוב במאוזן ובמאונך, UltraSharp 2009W מעניק, Energy-Conscious 17 Monitor with viewing, UltraSharp Advantage - Easy swivel, tilt and height adjustment raise viewing, היתרון של UltraSharp - סיבוב מצד לצד, הטיה וכוונון גובה בקלות משפרים את, Despite being initially outraged, Martin hugs Billy to, למרות היותו זועם בתחילה, מרטין מחבק את בילי כדי. Categories: General. There is real comfort in being able to breath again for it is the sign of new life. COMFORT. Comfort – This root (naham) is translated several ways. They are not selected or validated by us and can contain inappropriate terms or ideas. Here's a list of translations. It seems especially poignant that this word should come from a root that implies breathing deeply. Rude or colloquial translations are usually marked in red or orange. Nechum -- "comfort," an Israelite of Nehemiah's time Translations in context of "comfort" in English-Hebrew from Reverso Context: comfort zone, take comfort, comfort food, great comfort, find comfort Comfort in all languages. to summon for assistance. Results: 2861. ... /hebrew/5150.htm - 6k. It can mean to be sorry, to repent, to regret or to be comforted. To make strong; to invigorate; to fortify; to corroborate. Showing page 1. Transliteration: nichum or nichum Phonetic Spelling: (nee-khoom') Short Definition: comfort. Exact: 2861. When it is used of God, it does not mean that God shows regret for evil acts but rather that God changes His plans for men based on the choices we make. It is also an action that brings great comfort. Etymologically, it is "to call alongside of," i.e. As a noun, ne•cha•ma appears only in the New Testament: Even the first word attests to the Hebrew origin of the English word ‘comfort:’ ne•cha•ma is then an offer of rest and easement to a troubled, suffering soul. ( ריי קומפורט ) האם את מאמינה ב'תכנון תבוני'? Translate text from any application or website in just one click. We just create disasters. Fill your lungs with clean air today and know that the old stale ways are gone. To relieve the distress or suffering of; to provide comfort to. When the word is used in the context of repent, it usually refers to God’s repentance, not to man’s repentance. To comfort is to cheer and encourage. Examples are used only to help you translate the word or expression searched in various contexts. Yet, the anxieties of life and the lure of material, The Kernofs are devout, but their faith is giving them little, For example, at James 5:7-11, we find that Job is, to motivate Christians to endure hard times and as a. reminder that Jehovah rewards such endurance. More Hebrew words for comfort. (Can we add an example for this sense?). Cookies help us deliver our services. Comfort, indeed, is best induced by warmth and restful conditions. We hope this will help you to understand Hebrew better. You can join Today’s Word by contacting skipmoen@comcast.net, Use the Amazon Smile link above when making purchases on Amazon.com, Subscribe to Today's Word, a daily email examination of Hebrew & Greek words. with the life I' m living... right now, you know? These examples may contain rude words based on your search. אני רק לא בטוח שאני באמת מוכןלארוז ולעבור לחיות במקום אחר את החיים החדשים האלה. God can actually take the mess that we have made and rewrite our lives to still fulfill His purposes. To make the physical circumstances comfortable. Word ... /hebrew/5165.htm - 6k. and strengthened by reflecting on our blessings. Turning from our old way of living to God’s way is the meaning of repentance. “I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will lead him and restore comfort to him and to his mourners”. And the Captain Ross, for providing for our ease and. © 2013-2020 Reverso Technologies Inc. All rights reserved. Fortunately, in my coma mind, things were more, למרבה המזל, במחשבות התרדמת שלי, העניינים היו, I took their fine upbringing... in a world of.