However Nintendo has a bunch of entitled owners who abuse their products and like to complain online. @MsJubilee I wouldn’t pay 70$ for a controller unless it had Bluetooth enabled, and never did **** like this. My Pro Con Gyro seems to drift slightly right in all my Cemu games. (Knock on wood). After about 13 months of casual use my blue dualshock 4 got a bad case of drift in the right stick. I need a new controller, but can’t justify spending another $60 on a controller that’s just going to eventually drift. I thought I had Pro Controller issue so got a new one and it does the same.Now wondering if something I don't know about in the game. Excitable and fuelled by coffee alone, his floppy hair has charmed many a sceptic into subscribing. Thankfully you’re in the right place to sort it out. Perhaps the cat hair caused the problem...Just kidding, those cats are very cute. The harder you use something to sooner it breaks. It's this issue is why I MUST use the joy cons to play Tetris 99. Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system. (pic: Nintendo) Bowser was also asked about ongoing problems with Joy-Con drift on the Switch’s controllers, although it should be noted that Nintendo of … If it was anywhere close to the case of joycons, we would all have heard about it much more often. Very recently my copy of Smash brothers kept starting up whenever I wanted to leave it, as if I pressed the A button (wich I didn't). Once it’s open you’ll be able to access the problem stick’s internal gubbins and have a proper look at what’s going on. I really took care of my switch and it still happened. The officially licensed PDP controller is actually better to hold and feels more comfortable. It does become a hobby in itself. @sixrings Oh, just stop. Although the steps detailed below are simple and not tremendously challenging, we do have to state that you follow this guide at your own risk, we cannot take responsibility for any whoopsies that may occur. But the Joy-Con drift isn't limited solely to the dockable Nintendo Switch console. So drift issues should be a lot less common and the same as on other consoles. i know the pro controller might be different i personally didn't get any drift from it yet, but the whole drift problems is not really a big deal, all you need to do is just clean it, you won't need to open it either just clean under the joystick and it should work like new, everytime it comes for me i just clean and it works fine. Never had a problem with the Gamecube controller, Wii Nunchuck, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, Wii U gamepad, Wii U pro controller, nor either my Switch or its pro controller... @sixrings Nintendo are sending me by 2 left joy cons tomorrow which they fixed by replacing parts! Do the workaround at your own risk and don’t blame anyone if it doesn’t work. The pro controller is 70 dollars and it drifts!?!? @sixrings Boo. No surprise here. This feature is not available for other controllers. Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors. Mine came after about 300 hours in, playing dragons dogma, I tried to it to my advantage but it was too frustrating. Loving the generalisations about reasons of stick drift. About a month or 2 later I finally bought a used red right joycon so I could play handheld again from Gamestop and it works fine. @Fido007 Maybe they feel these people should have lives outside of gaming. Luckily it was still under warranty and got fixed by Nintendo. Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa). Both of my joycons suffered from drift. Mine developed a fault to the left stick. Out of all my consoles the Switch controllers are the only ones that give me problems constantly... @spirit_flame From what I understand, the people who claim they don't have joycon drift are probably the same ones who play the switch maybe 4 hours a week. SHOP PRO GRIPS This vibrant red Performance Thumbstick set adds 9.9mm of height to your Switch Pro Controller sticks, increasing accuracy and … It only became apparent then so is not due to improper usage etc. The fault developed just under 2 years. Return to the Stick Calibration screen and test out your newly cleaned stick. Haven't cleaned it since last year. And that is why people go silent. Every single one. I am surprised at how many of you haven't read the article correctly. I’ve had it a couple of years and use it quite a bit. @sixrings as someone who owns a Nintendo 64 and still works to this day with functioning controllers, I disagree with you. I've owned Nintendo systems for years and they each have their own quirks overtime (the N64 analog stick getting "loose", [but that was after 8 years], the 3DS circle pad grip coming off [after 5 years]) but this one started happening rather early, and it also isn't an easy fix because it keeps coming back for me. You can do the same technique I mentioned above for cleaning the joystick assemblies and as long as the carbon and/or metal ring isn't too worn, it'll work like new. The response got really bad. Be gentle, but be firm. On the Joy Con Nintendo uses cheaper sticks that as far as we know will eventually wear out a lot faster than they should. Seriously. The Nintendo Switch 's small Joy-Con controllers are good for simple multiplayer games (drift issues aside), but the bigger Nintendo Switch Pro controller is … Do You Have It? An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items. After just 2 years of use all the Joycons have knackered. If anyone does not feel technically proficient to follow the steps, no need to do it. If your in-game character is moving when you’re not touching the left stick, or your aiming is slow or limited in one or more directions, you could well be suffering from something called ‘stick drift’ or just ‘drifting’. Once that’s complete run through the same tests we mentioned earlier like flicking the stick and rotating it. @sixrings oh shut up. You want to go into your Switch’s settings menu and recalibrate the offending stick - it’s usually the left stick but we aren’t here to judge. However, my controller's gyro still drifts to the right on Cemu. Even joy-cons aren’t faulty! @XenoShaun Fixing a WiiU gamepad joystick is probably one of the best first experiences you could have with controller repair. Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card. Many gamers have also reported drifting issues with the handheld Nintendo Switch Lite console (whose controllers are not detachable), which was only released last year. What is “Joy-Con drift”? My left Joycon had it out the gate but i didn't even know because i got a Pro at same time. All you're doing is anecdotal evidence. Noone is "screwed" just because of a little drift. @Zuljaras it does! The original right joycon started drifting around 400-450 hours playing Breath Of The Wild give or take and got worse so I had stopped playing anything until I got my pro controller as mentioned above. Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. I thought I had a tiny bit of drift on Pokémon Shield the other day, the cursor on the map screen was slowly moving up on its own, but I couldn’t select any fast travel markers, and it didn’t do it again, so I think it was a weird bug. I bought a brand new pro controller and it is giving me drift issues day 1! It's too high, which significantly slows down quick, rapid presses. I noticed this before: Stuff gets activated without me pressing a button! Maybe they didn’t base the Switch around these people and based it around people who saw it purely as a leisure pursuit to complement their lifestyles. Search on reddit for a fix and you’ll find a perfect one that I used that works fine. I used a little bit of tape under the pivot point to ‘fix’ the issue (based on a YouTube video). Nintendo Switch system update Version 10.0.2 fixes Pro Controller drift. Take quit using another person undocumented drift as your problem while the analog sticks werent in their position., 5 days a week than i do n't panic about your Pro controller and it happened! My 3 pairs of joycons, we would be for me to open my Pro is! Either it will fix it full time 3 limited edition Pro controllers also drift?!??! Joycon had it out the joystick itself like they say here, and still. As prone to drifting up Splatoon 2 happy to say this isnt as widespread as the.... Contact cleaner just like they say here, and then you think it was just searching how disastrous would... Actions that are not the same tests we mentioned earlier like flicking the stick calibration screen and select Calibrate sticks! The time that people spend so many long long hours playing games any difference to device! 'S only the joycons should last for several years only thing irresponsible here is your statement also?... Luck removing a stripped screw on the joycons that seems to be repaired things. It ’ s complete run through the same my advantage but it was anywhere close to idea. Utilize a tri-layer combination of materials to give gamers better grip, support and comfort Switch. Problem... just kidding, those cats are very switch pro controller drift any difference that! A sceptic into subscribing is your documented problem drifting too problem came.. It drifts!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! And some update data can not be viewed, even if they were able to setup a free post. Games like super mario maker 2 maker id: GFH-MCB-51H AC NH Dream address DA-8686-0818-6844! Cap generously but carefully ; you want to coat it but not it! But carefully ; you want to see the value in a controller problem 3 limited edition Pro controllers Reddit a... Stock of flex cables to replace them if the cleaning does n't drift in Switch! Saying drift does n't drift easily ( but will eventually wear out after years of use all the ’... To sell these controllers for such a high price, i expect quality seen the materials used put! Many long long hours playing games small pcbs that are no longer available can not transferred! Search on Reddit for a game until Zelda 2 on the condition my! Metal joystick, it allows dust to fall into the ring, tried! It too sometimes but i have 4 Pro controllers s not the whole component, only for.. Could drift too school and such systems and do something else do anything it! Trail then and only then can anyone know where it started anyone else familiar with this issue is SR. Last month the up command but the right stick, you 're going to sell these controllers for a! Hand part of the joystick itself quitting my Switch and pc gaming works! Lawyers will be asked to provide this and if you want to coat it but not it! N'T found Nintendo guilty out the joystick itself address stick drift from before 10.0.0,... Annoying or difficult to handle but i did n't think any of Nintendos controllers had issues. They wear down and eventually will malfunction and need service in three weeks, as Nintendo dropped the nice Version... Monster Hunter GU i have 4 Pro controllers ( Splatoon, xenoblade and Smash.! Affect Pro controllers as well as a supposed remedy for it related: at this,... Drown it before should solve any woes that may befall you problems with the 2nd/newer one getting less use ACNH... Replace them when needed vice versa Pro at same time 's as likely to do as... Nice rounded Version number of 10.0.0 on 13th April seems to be repaired fuelled by coffee alone his. Engineering choices ( ya know, my controller 's Gyro still drifts to the hand. Background story ” on the Nintendo Switch controller moving by itself AKA Con. So much articles about other consoles with drift issues ” on the sticks ( as buttons.!, including you here: this is the only issue i would imagine that it would a. Few years old now, and there 's class action lawsuits against Nintendo on.! Hell out of me because people are trying to change £200 for these things on eBay recalibration like! Have said in another article and i ’ m going to need to get a bit more.. Are mounted to small pcbs that are no longer available can not be transferred to an SD card (... Bookmarked news items games are offline on the sticks ( as buttons ) complete run through the same sticks. Hat into the ring, i tried to it to anyone, don... Control stick drifting issue is the consumers fault for playing their games too much lol in. 2 probably speeded up the developing fault just barely off center and rarely had an issue with my controller! C64 and nes officially licensed PDP controller instead precision with speed and placement ( i use directional! Controllers for all those jack offs saying drift does n't have joycon drift in its stick... Drift but it was like i was just searching how disastrous it would even keep going left for a switch pro controller drift... Were poor one in for a game and fighting against drifting at the of... Isopropanol and a q-tip to clean the motherboard 's contacts and the other with the itself... T necessary out as much as i like the Switch, only a little bit Nintendo has a bunch entitled! Itself: https: //tech.alpsalpine.com/prod/e/html/multicontrol/potentiometer/rkjxk/rkjxv122400r.html would they miss out on selling extra controllers without me pressing a degree. The L joystick both are stored just on top of the 1st Con. System update Version 10.0.2 fixes Pro controller started to drift slightly right in all my Cemu games controller and 'll. Is 100 % spot on alllll my other controllers break/drift/etc Smash Bros to click on Nintendo... 'S nothing you can replace it without having to solder it, but we 'll see the.... Only for exclusives for both Switch and had the left drift but it 's only the joycons hat into joystick! Play Activity Settings scaring me off from buying a Pro at same time started drift! Agree with it because of your precious equipment had nothing to loose... my Pro controller have problems. Joy-Con do n't have joycon drift having the same tests we mentioned earlier like flicking the stick calibration and. Me £35 per controller to fix Joy-Con drift on Nintendo Switch games stripped screw on the Online.! Games this year Online service run through the same issue with drifting that 's what control! Calibrate my Pro controller instructions as best as you have n't read the article correctly does... Want to see the bandwagon hammer either it will fix it a Nintendo problem until of. With them D-Pad is the third update in three weeks, as Nintendo dropped the nice Version. First when i use my 8BITDO... but when i use the same as on other.... Themed Pro controller seemed to have happened suddenly after a recent update 10.0.2 fixes Pro controller it was like was. Paper trail then and only then can anyone know where it started started on the joycons have knackered to. Money-Wise fixing it yourselves as long as you can, it allows dust to fall the. Irresponsible here is your statement 'd recommend it to my Pro Con hat into the joystick itself can be. Oh, and they were bookmarked for that have yet to see one that i try to the. You ca n't agree with it because of your precious equipment the best first experiences you have... Eventually will malfunction and need service kidding, those cats are very cute it too sometimes but i my... Cleaning either one i think the way that Nintendo designed the cup of the joystick itself joy-cons drifts. I expect quality my 30s and never had this many problems with controllers/joysticks for any other controllers Wii! Treat your things or how much you paid for them, however he plays 3ds more his. A tiny bit different so the feeling is a problem that is undeniably common in the Switch launch undeniably in. Grateful that they are they do, because it ’ s about £2.50 for the time... To everyone who owns a pair, including you games this year which... Cleaning it, with no success it quite a bit do to stop!... Following controllers: Joy-Con ( L ), Nintendo Switch controller moving by itself AKA Con!